• The Council on Aging of Central Oregon is pleased to provide this helpful guide of services to tri-county seniors.

services-pageADVOCACY - The Council on Aging is charged by the Federal Government with the role of providing advocacy services for seniors in their communities and at the State and Federal level. Advocacy involves representing seniors by preserving and developing services and supporting senior rights.


FAMILY CAREGIVER SUPPORT PROGRAM - The Council on Aging of Central Oregon provides for the services of relief caregivers to family members and those who care for older adults on a 24-hour/7-day-a-week basis, to afford these round-the-clock family caregivers a short-term break. For more information call (541) 678-5483 to contact a case manager in your community.

MEDICARE INSURANCE COUNSELING - The Council on Aging of Central Oregon offers Senior Health Insurance Benefits (SHIBA) counseling to resolve problems with supplemental insurance, Medicare claims or bills, doctor bills, and problems with insurance companies regarding bill payment. Are you having trouble with your insurance company? Or are unclear about your bills? Call for a free appointment with a SHIBA Councelor at (541) 678-5483 ext. 211. We are happy to help.

Para asistencia con Medicare y consegeria de SHIBA en español, Por favor llame al 541-325-6837 o al 541-382-4366, otravez 541-325-6837 o al 541-382-4366

HEALTH AND WELLNESS - Fitness, social, and volunteer opportunities are provided throughout the year through senior groups and centers. Contact us for possible programming for your members. Keep your body fit and keep your spirit happy with a variety of on-going activities sponsored by the Council on Aging of Central Oregon and senior groups. Contact Jane Roger at (541) 678-5483 ext. 110 for more information.

INFORMATION AND REFERRAL - For information about the many community services and benefits available to senior citizens, call Bob Bailey at the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at (541) 678-5483 ext. 109, or (877) 704-4567, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Pacific Time), Monday through Friday.

LEGAL SERVICES - The Council on Aging of Central Oregon provides tri-county residents age 60 and older with referrals to free legal advice and representation pertaining, but not limited, to:

* Medicare and Medicaid
* Social Security and Supplemental Security Income
* Landlord/Tenant Relations
* Consumer Complaints
* Hospital Patient Rights
* Adult and Nursing Home Residents Rights
* Other Entitlements and Benefits
* Powers of Attorney
* Health Care Proxy
* Living Will

Legal Services are not available to cover wills, criminal cases, negligence actions, or other cases for which a private attorney may be obtained on a contingency basis.  For information, call Bob Bailey at (541) 678-5483 ext. 109. 

LONG-TERM CARE OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM - The Ombudsman Program recruits and trains local volunteers and ombudsman (advocates) to receive, investigate, and resolve a wide range of concerns and complaints made by or on behalf of residents of adult and nursing homes.   For referral, contact the Council on Aging of Central Oregon office at (541) 678-5483.

OREGON PROJECT INDEPENDENCE (OPI) - The OPI program provides help with housekeeping and personal care services for people aged 60 and over who could not remain in their own homes without assistance. Services are provided under contract through licensed home care agencies and/or the Client Employed Provider Program on a sliding fee scale, based upon income of the recipient. Call (541) 678-5483 for the case manager in your town.

OUTREACH - The Council on Aging of Central Oregon offers outreach to seniors who are unable to understand or access the information or services that they need. We visit homes and refer seniors to as many programs as they need.

HOME DELIVERED MEALS - Home delivered meals are provided to seniors aged 60 and over, who based on an assessment, are homebound or unable to shop and cook nutritious meals for themselves. Call (541) 678-5483 for the case manager in your town.


NUTRITION EDUCATION AND COUNSELING - Referrals to a registered dietitian are available for counseling and assistance with special dietary problems, restrictions, food/nutrition related questions, and nutrition education.  For more information, call Bernadette Handley at (541) 678-5483 ext. 114.

 Please contact our office at (541) 678-5483 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. with any questions concerning our services and programs.  

The Council on Aging of Central Oregon is grateful for the support of partners such as:

Picture2MOW 2018 Logo