2500 NE Neff Rd
Conference Rooms A,B,C,D
Join us Friday morning, May 31st, at the St. Charles Conference Center in Bend to identify opportunities to partner on meeting the needs and opportunities of our older adult populations in Central Oregon through the World Health Organization’s Age Friendly Initiative.
Age Friendly Cities are healthier, more vibrant, and residents enjoy an enhanced quality of life. The World Health Organization’s Age Friendly framework is prevention-focused, encompassing public health, wellness and behavioral health. Age Friendly Communities prevent isolation and loneliness, support caregivers, and postpone institutionalized care.
This event is co-hosted by:
– Center for Age Friendly Excellence
– Council on Aging of Central Oregon
– Oregon Health and Science University, Community Hub
- 9:00 am Breakfast & Check In
- 9:30 am Keynote: A Regional Age Friendly Cities Initiative in Central Oregon, Anabel Pelham, PhD
- 10:15 am Breakout Discussions, Organized by Domain
- 11:15 am Concluding Thoughts and Next Steps
- 11:30 am Conclusion
About the Keynote Speaker:
Dr. Pelham is the Chair of the Board of Directors of Council on Aging, Central Oregon. In addition, she serves as president of the National Association of Professional Gerontologists (NAPG) and an emeritus professor and founding director of the Gerontology Program at San Francisco State University. She is also the founding executive director of the Center for Age-Friendly Excellence