334 NE Hawthorne Avenue
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding volunteer opportunity?
The Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance (SHIBA) program is offering a 2-day training in Bend for those considering becoming a certified volunteer Medicare counselor. The SHIBA program is a statewide program that trains volunteer counselors to help people in their community understand their Medicare insurance choices and their rights through individual counseling, education, and referrals.
Registration is required: email email@example.com no later than June 5, 2019
- Enjoy helping others
- Are dependable, understanding, patient, and compassionate
- Communicate well
- Protect client confidentiality
- Have no conflict of interest
- Want to provide SHIBA services
- Have computer skills or are willing to learn
- Work well alone and in a team
Space is limited. To register email Jane Roger, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch is provided. There is no charge for this training, to learn more download the Bend NVT Flyer 2019
For more information about the SHIBA Program: https://healthcare.oregon.gov/shiba/volunteers/