- Nutrition counseling at all of our congregate meal sites in Central Oregon are cancelled until the senior centers reopen. Check back for updates.
Many aspects of aging can significantly impact the ability to eat and drink well. Physical limitations, fixed income, medical conditions, poor vision as well as chewing and swallowing problems are just some of the factors that may impact nutritional intake.
Proper nutrition in older adults has many benefits, including:
- Maintaining health and well-being
- Improving the body’s ability to heal
- Promoting disease prevention
- Reducing risk for medical and surgical complications
- Reducing the likelihood of hospital readmission
The Council on Aging offers nutrition education and counseling with a registered dietitian. Nutrition counseling sessions are individualized to meet your needs and optimize your health and well-being and may include a number of topics, including but not limited to:
- Weight management
- Adaptive dining needs
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Menu planning and food budgeting
Call us to learn more about our nutrition counseling services and how we can assist you or a loved one with healthy living: (541) 678-5483.