The second half of life can bring some of our most rewarding decades. We may be more confident than our younger selves. We gain wisdom and patience. Sure, our hair sprouts more grays and our faces sport more lines. But we can grow older with our body and mind as healthy as they can possibly be.
Adopting healthy habits and behaviors, staying involved in your community, using preventive services, managing health conditions, and understanding your medications can contribute to a meaningful and long life.
We encourage aging adults to plan for a healthy old age and take an active role in learning core areas that support aging well. Here are some of the ways to support a healthy later life:
- Learn about healthy aging and disease prevention
- Stay connected to your community
- Volunteer in your community
- Understand nutrition for older adults
- Understand changes to brain health
- Learn about diseases, conditions and injuries
- Manage medications and treatments
For information for you or a loved one to live healthier call us at: (541) 678-5483