Studies show that older adults want to stay in their homes for as long as possible as they age.
While it is important for older adults to remain in familiar surroundings like the comfort of their own home — is it always safe? What support might they need to continue to stay at home? And what kinds of support are available to help them do so?
Here are the areas that our information specialists can help you learn more about:
- Personal Care: Non-skilled service or care that assists with bathing, dressing, eating, getting in and out of bed or a chair, moving around and using the bathroom.
- Home Health Services: Supportive services in the home ranging from skilled nursing care and occupational, physical, respiratory and speech therapy, help with medications, to assistance with activities of daily living and housekeeping. These skilled caregivers are paid and may be individual or employed by an agency.
- If you are looking to hire a skilled caregiver from an agency here is list of In-Home Care Agencies in Central Oregon.
- If you are looking for individual skilled caregivers who are registered through the State of Oregon go to Oregon HomeCare Commission. The first time you visit the OHCC site you will be asked to register, if you need assistance registering you may download the instructions here.
- Nutrition Services: Hot or cold home-delivered meals (Meals on Wheels) are delivered to home bound older adults at risk for poor nutrition and/or hunger. Community dining are provided in a senior center or other community sites where older adults can enjoy a healthy meal, socialize with others and have access to other supportive services.
- Transportation Options: Services for older adults or people with disabilities who lack private transportation or who are unable to access public transportation. Learn more about existing public transportation options.
- Personal Emergency Response Systems: Electronic alarm systems are active 24-hours-a-day to enable people to summon emergency help.
Please reach out so we can help you keep you or your loved one at home as long as possible. Call us at: (541) 678-5483.