Adults Over the Age of 60, their Caregivers and Loved Ones, Are Invited to Festive Community Dining Organized by the Council on Aging of Central Oregon
Bend, Ore., November 13, 2018 – The Council on Aging of Central Oregon is hosting a number of holiday meal events in the tri-county area to provide festive cheer, social connection and a comforting dinner to those most at-risk of loneliness and isolation during the holiday season. The meals are free for adults over the age of 60, their unpaid caregivers, and loved ones. Donations are welcome.
“The holiday season can be a time of mourning rather than merriment for many older adults who are socially isolated, lonely or have lost friends and family over the years,” said Council on Aging Executive Director Susan Rotella. “Our goal is to come together as a community to celebrate the season with those most in need of comfort and joy.”
The holiday meals are part of the Council on Aging’s congregate meal program, which provides free meals and a social dining experience to seniors in senior centers throughout Central Oregon. This is the second year the Council on Aging has organized holiday meals, which include traditional home cooking by volunteers, festive decor, a gift for each attendee, and a raffle for a holiday-themed prize.
Central Oregon adults over sixty can attend community meals at no cost. For a list of meal events, visit the Council on Aging of Central Oregon’s Facebook page at facebook.com/councilonagingofcentraloregon/events or call (541) 678-5483.
Meals are served from 12 to 12:30 p.m. as follows:
- November 21: La Pine Senior Center, 16450 Victory Way. RSVP: Jamie Donahue, (541) 536-6237, email@example.com
- November 29: Bend Senior Center, 1600 SE Reed Market Road. RSVP: Tami Magers, (541) 604-5763, firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 4: Sisters Community Church, 1300 W. McKenzie Highway. RSVP: Lisa Bergren-Fetrow, (504) 797-9367, email@example.com
- December 18: Redmond Senior Center, 325 NW Dogwood Avenue. RSVP: Tia Linschied, (504) 548-6325, firstname.lastname@example.org
- December 19: Jefferson County Senior Center, 860 SW Madison Street, Madras. RSVP: Chrisy Sanders-Ortiz, (541) 475-1148, email@example.com
- December 20: Prineville Soroptimists Senior Center, 180 NE Belknap Street. RSVP: Melody Kendall, (541) 447-6844, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Council on Aging of Central Oregon
The nonprofit Council on Aging is the federally designated Area Agency on Aging serving Deschutes, Crook and Jefferson Counties, offering older aged adults 60 and older and their loved ones a range of support services that promote independence, well-being and safety, as well as preventing hunger and improving overall health. The Council on Aging is committed to equitable and inclusive services, programs and resources designed to meet immediate and direct need.