Council on Aging of Central Oregon

The Council on Aging provides a variety of resources and programs to support the changing needs of people as they age. The Council also provides support for caregivers through respite grants and support groups.

Contact: 541-678-5483, Website

Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon (ADRC)

ADRC provides connections to local information and services for seniors and people with disabilities.

Contact: 1-855-673-2372, Website

Eldercare Locator

The Eldercare Locator is a nationwide service that connects older Americans and their caregivers with trustworthy local support resources. Elder Locator links those who need assistance with state and local agencies on aging, as well as community-based organizations that serve older adults and their caregivers with services such as meals, home care, transportation, caregiver training, and education, or a well-deserved break from caregiving responsibilities.

Contact: 1-800-677-1116, Website

Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA)

FCA supports families and caregivers through education, advocacy, and services such as assessment, care planning, direct care skills, wellness programs, respite services, and legal/financial consultation vouchers. The NCC serves as a central source of information on caregiving and long-term care issues and works to advance policies and programs for caregivers in every state.

Contact: (800) 445-8106, Website

Client-Employed Provider Program

The CEP is a Medicaid program that allows elderly or physically disabled persons to self-direct their care to a person of their choice to be hired and paid as their home care worker. Certain family members, excluding legal guardians, are allowed to be paid. 

Contact: Oregon Department of Human Services: 503-945-5600, TTY: 503-945-6214, Website

K Plan

The K Plan is a Medicaid program that assists seniors and disabled persons to live independently at home or within the community. This program allows certain family members, even spouses on rare occasions, to be hired and paid as the personal care provider. Other services may include: Home delivered meals, Home modifications, Assistive technology/Medical equipment, Respite care, Transportation, Chore services, Adult daycare

Contact: Oregon Department of Human Services: 503-945-5600, TTY: 503-945-6214, Website *See the website for your local county office

Oregon Project Independence (OPI)

OPI is a non-Medicaid program that assists with daily living activities for elderly persons or persons diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a related condition. This program allows a certified home care worker to be hired and paid as the personal care provider. 

Contact: The Council on Aging of Central Oregon: 541-678-5483, Oregon Department of Human Services: 503-945-5600, TTY: 503-945-6214, Website

Related Resources

Caregiving 101: On Being a Caregiver Taking Care of YOU: Self-Care for Family Caregivers

National Family Caregivers Month

Caregiving Action Network

Family Caregiver Alliance

Generations United

Next Step in Care

Oregon Care Partners OSU Extension Service, Family, and Community Health

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.