Our Medicare volunteer counselors (SHIBA) offer free, unbiased and confidential assistance with Medicare insurance choices, fraud and help for those turning 65 as they signup for Medicare.
Our one-on-one phone or ZOOM sessions can help you understand your Medicare benefits, identify and compare health insurance options, and protect you from paying too much on your medical care and prescription drugs.
Our SHIBA Counselors Can Answer Questions About:
- Medicare Part A and Part B
- Medicare Prescription Drug Coverage (Medicare Part D)
- Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)
- Medicare Advantage Plans (HMOs and PPOs)
- Long-term care insurance
- Medicare Savings Programs (QMB, SLMB and QI)
- Prescription drug assistance programs or drug discount cards offered by your state and pharmaceutical companies
- Medicaid and other insurance programs (including free or reduced-fee health care programs)
To schedule your phone appointment today, call: (541) 678-5483 ext. 211
Callers will be asked to leave a message, which will be returned by a certified SHIBA counselor, usually by the end of the next business day. Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, all Medicare Counseling appointments this year will be over the phone or ZOOM only.
Appointments are available in both English and Spanish. Asistencia con Medicare y consejería de SHIBA en español están disponibles llamando al (541) 325-6837.