Make 2019 a year of kindness. Here are 5 things you can do to support the older adults in your neighborhood, family and community.
When we live in community together, we thrive together.
- Heading to the grocery store? Check in and see if there is anything you can pick up for them while you’re there.
- Pull their trash cans back in after the garbage trucks have come.
- Offer to go get their mail, especially if the mailbox is at the end of the street.
- Ask them to tell you about what it was like when and where they grew up. Listen to their stories.
- Do they have a pet? Drop off some pet food or offer to walk their dog.
Here’s to 2019, together.