COVID-19 UPDATE: July 6, 2021
Due to the COVID-19, we have had to temporarily modify our food and nutrition services.
- Meals on Wheels home-deliveries have continued uninterrupted since the pandemic began. Volunteers can, as of July 6th, enter client homes (if the client wishes), to drop off the meal and have a more extended chat. All volunteers continue to wear a mask and keep a six-foot distance while in the home. If a client prefers to continue to have their meal dropped on the front porch, that is ok too! Our volunteers will call to let the clients know the meal has arrived, and can have a conversation from a save distance outdoors.
- Community Dining has now moved to a take-home/grab and go service. Take-home will be available for pick up between 12 noon and 12:30 on a first come first serve basis. Click here for a list of locations offering free take-home meals to seniors.
- Pet Pals Program allows many older adults, particularly those who are home-bound, to receive monthly pet food and supplies along with their Meals on Wheels meal delivery or Grab-N-Go lunch pickup.
Our information specialists can help you access services that provide meals and nutrition counseling. These programs may include:
- Meals on Wheels: enhances the quality of life of home-bound individuals by providing home-delivered nutritious meals, personal contact, and related services.
- Community Dining: a hot meal for older adults (60+), offered at no-cost, and a chance to socialize with other community members.
- Nutrition Counseling: work with a nutritionist to design a healthy diet plan specific to their needs.
- Nutrition Education: learn how to eat better, manage chronic disease and find support managing weight.
It’s important to find food and nutritional resources that support you or a loved remaining independent and healthy. Call us to learn more about food and nutrition services in your area: (541) 678-5483.